Call for Mural Assistants and Interns
Help Beautify and Unify Tucson!
2016 - 7 Mural Arts Internships Opportunities
We have several exciting internship opportunities open. If you are like to have fun, build community and work with a highly energized creative team of change makers and artists this opportunity is perfect for you.
(10 - 20 hrs a week) Mural Arts Program: This position includes assisting Lead Artists, visiting artists, working on mural projects and maintaining our inventory of murals.
(5 hrs week) Marketing & Development: Help fund raise and publicize TAB programs and opportunities.(5 hrs week) Assessment and Research: We are seeking social science or education majors familiar with a variety of approaches to evaluation, assessment and tracking tools.
Internship Positions reports to the Executive Director and supports the executive leadership team in daily operations.
What will I actually be doing?
- Assisting Muralists as needed;
- Preparing, priming walls, top coats.
- Coordinate transportation and field trips;
- Assist in material inventory and distribution;
- Assist on documentation;
- Assist Coordinating community paint days and projects;
- Assist in identifying and securing healthy snacks;
- Update calendar listings to local media, follow up calls;
- Studio work: painting, cleaning, light lifting, preparing surfaces;
- Painting and preparing walls.
- Assist on Community Cultural Development initiatives, colloquia and meetings.
- Experience or interest in working within the field of community cultural development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, a pleasant telephone manner and courteous and professional work style.
- Capacity to execute tasks with accuracy, consistency and attention to detail.
- Outstanding organizational/planning skills and the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to function professionally in an open studio environment.
- A sense of humor and describe oneself as flexible and reliable.
- Finger print clearance required for some tasks. (working with youth).
How to Apply: Submit information to: info@TucsonArtsBrigade.org
Please include contact information, schedule, CV or resume, and a cover letter that answers:
1. What interests you in this opportunity?
2. Briefly describe your most relevant experiences and skills for this position.3. What should we know about you and/or your background that might not be evident in your CV/resume?
Post a Comment