PO BOX 545, TUCSON AZ 85702 •www.TucsonArtsBrigade.org • info@TucsonArtsBrigade.org
Spring 2018 Tucson Mural Arts Program Administration Associate: 10-18 hours a week
Applications Due Feb 23, 2018
The Tucson Mural Arts Program (TMAP) seeks to create a city wide outdoor gallery of original artworks by matching artists with wall owners. TMAP is a results-based beautification program that involves residents of all ages in the design and painting of murals.
The Mural Arts Program Associate Position reports to the Executive Director and supports the executive leadership team in daily operations.
Mural Arts Program Assistant Responsibilities include:
- Relocate equipment and supplies as needed.
- Assist with mural wall preparation, such as grid lines, priming, grinding, sealing, etc.
- Assist program Director with general tasks as needed.
- Assist on community paint days and projects;
- Assist in communications and outreach
- Update calendar listings to local media, follow up calls;
- Help conduct and format assessments, interviews and press clippings
- Help Select and Prepare works for exhibition and reproduction.
- Maintaining Databases, Contacting Artists as needed;
- Assist in material inventory and distribution;
- Assist on documentation;
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks
- Experience or interest in working within the field of community arts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, a pleasant telephone manner and courteous and professional work style.
- Capacity to execute tasks with accuracy, consistency and attention to detail.
- Outstanding organizational/planning skills and the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to function professionally in an open studio environment.
- A sense of humor and describe oneself as flexible and reliable.
- Finger print clearance required for some tasks. (working with youth).
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Please include contact information, schedule, CV or resume, and a cover letter that answers:
1. What interests you in this opportunity?
2. Briefly describe your most relevant experiences and skills for this position.
3. What should we know about you and/or your background that might not be evident in your CV/resume?