We are really excited about the up coming series of murals being created downtown, and now you can be part of the fun. Projects will start in the last week of April, starting with a pep rally and then off to start beautifying our city!
The Mural Arts Program Internship Position reports to the Executive Director and supports the executive leadership team in daily operations.
Mural Arts Program Assistant Responsibilities include:
- Assisting Muralists as needed;
- Preparing, priming walls, top coats.
- Coordinate transportation and field trips;
- Assist in material inventory and distribution;
- Assist on documentation;
- Assist Coordinating community paint days and projects;
- Assist in identifying and securing healthy snacks;
- Update calendar listings to local media, follow up calls;
- Studio work: painting, cleaning, light lifting, preparing surfaces;
- Painting and preparing walls.
- Assist on Community Cultural Development initiatives, colloquia and meetings.
- Experience or interest in working within the field of community cultural development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, a pleasant telephone manner and courteous and professional work style.
- Capacity to execute tasks with accuracy, consistency and attention to detail.
- Outstanding organizational/planning skills and the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to function professionally in an open studio environment.
- A sense of humor and describe oneself as flexible and reliable.
- Finger print clearance required for some tasks. (working with youth).
How to Apply: Submit information to: info@TucsonArtsBrigade.org
Please include contact information, schedule, CV or resume, and a cover letter that answers:
1. What interests you in this opportunity?
2. Briefly describe your most relevant experiences and skills for this position.
3. What should we know about you and/or your background that might not be evident in your CV/resume?
Post a Comment