Call to Mural Artists Living in Pima County:
Trash Container Mural Art Demonstration Project
Deadline to Apply: Midnight Friday Oct. 23, 2015
The Trash Container Mural Art Demonstration Project seeks to reduce tagging on City of Tucson Trash Containers. Artists are invited to submit design applications for murals on City of Tucson Large Metal Trash Containers. We seek to demonstrate that murals are an effective way to reduce maintenance costs.
Tucson Mural Arts Program’s goal is to create a city wide outdoor mural program highlighting the cultural and artistic diversity of our amazing city. Our goal is expand mural opportunities for artists living in Tucson and Pima County.
This project is made possible by the City of Tucson Environmental Services and Graffiti Resource Council with logistical and administrative support provided by GARDEN Inc. and the Tucson Arts Brigade.
City of Tucson Environmental Services has identified 5 sites. The murals cannot include the name of the business within the design. Final design approval will be made by COT Environmental Services and the business owners.
Front 6’ x 4’
Back 6’ x 5’
Sides (2) 6’-3” x 6’ x 5”
Visual artists living in Pima County
Open to artists of all ages and abilities.
Demonstrated Artistic Merit
Demonstrated ability to complete projects on time
All styles accepted
Artists Under 18 must be accompanied by parent or guardian
Artists Stipend: $ 850.00
Materials: City approved paint supplies will be provided for this round.
To being considered as a lead artist for the Trash Container Mural Art Demonstration Project, round one:
1) Please Submit Your Contact information: (Name, address, phone, email, website)
2) Draft Design of your mural proposal ideas with proposed color scheme.
3) Five jpeg (5) examples of your past work. Please send these images as jpegs.
4) (Optional) a cover letter describing your experience, you may also include a resume.
Send all information by Midnight Friday Oct. 23, 2015: ArtsBrigadeMAP@gmail.com
- September 30 Artists Call Issued
- Friday Oct 23 Round 1 Preliminary Design Applications Due
- Friday Oct 30 1st Round of Artists Selected
- Nov. 6 Selected artist: Final Designs Due
- Nov.13 - Dec. 18 Artists complete works
- Dec. - Jan Project Unveiling
Would you like to help build a permanent city wide Mural Arts Program? We are seeking volunteers who are willing to make a one year commitment of 5 hours a month. Please include your name, contact information.
Post a Comment